- To share knowledge, experience and expertise of the Therapeutic Community movement in Asia.
- To enhance the Therapeutic Community movement in the Asian Region and to increase understanding of it as a model in the treatment of addictions.
- To provide a means of collaboration among members of the FTCA.
- To provide training opportunities for professionals, students and volunteers in the Therapeutic Community movement.
- To be a repository of information regarding the practice and the methods of therapeutic communities and complimentary disciplines through data collection and research.
- To advocate national and international support, both governmental and non-governmental, for the concepts, operations, functions and methods of Therapeutic Communities.
- To raise funds for the activities of the Federation.
- To maintain an active membership in the WFTC.